Outline of the Abrasive Wheels Training Programme:-
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- PUWER (The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998)
- HSE Publication HSG 17 “Safety in the Use of Abrasive Wheels”
- Wheel Burst
- Portable Angle Grinder Safety
- Types & Characteristics of an Abrasive Wheel
- Making of Abrasive Wheels
- Abrasive Wheel Machine Components
- Operating Speeds for Abrasive Wheels
- Guards, Rests & Accessories
- Dressing & Balancing
- Specific Mounting Produces
- Hazards & Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspection, Testing for Damage & Reporting Defects
- Handling & Storage
- Theory Test (multiple choice), with Practical Exercises
To ensure employers and employees understand and can demonstrate the safe use of abrasive wheels for all types of cutting and grinding applications: Stihl Saw, Angle Grinder, Chop Saw, Bench/Pedestal Grinder, Surface Grinder, Cylindrical Grinder etc.
Our most popular option for those in the construction industry is this half day course (which can be conducted on your site) this course is better suited to operators, who only operate hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
Operatives, Supervisors and Managers who use or are in the proximity of Abrasive Wheels, who operate hand held/portable machines, bench or pedestal grinding machines.
The course will benefit those who work in the environment where abrasive wheels are used.
Candidates should be at least 18 years old.
Candidates who successfully pass the course will receive a certificate of competency in the awareness and use of abrasive wheels.